CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

How do u file a prejury case? sort of but they 't seem on

Customer Question

how do u file a prejury case?
JA: My brothers got into lots of trouble with the law when they were young. The Criminal Lawyer will know how to get you the best outcome. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: sort of but they don't seem on intent to go that route
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: during a unemployment hearing the plaintiff lied during testimony, the judge sided with her since the defendant did not have a rebuttal for her testimony at the time. later we found out that she lied about the documents in-question even her witness gave false testimony since the document was dated nov 17 and she said it appeared on the 10th
JA: Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: witness later claimed in her own unemployment hearing she successfully testified against the defendant giving the defendant a bad character rap
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 8 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today.

Unfortunately, the fact of the matter is that perjury (lying under oath) is a crime that is almost never investigated, and even more rarely prosecuted.

Instead, courts rely on the parties to cross-examine witnesses under oath while they are testifying, and then allow parties to appeal decisions that are made later based on new facts and circumstances.

Depending on how long ago the unemployment claim was, the defendant may have time to file an appeal or a motion for reconsideration based on the newly discovered evidence (this timeframe is generally very short, as little as 30 days), but that is where your recourse is going to be.