Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

My name is ***** ***** and my boyfriend was sentenced to 11

Customer Question

Hello, my name is ***** ***** and my boyfriend was sentenced to 11 years for a white collar crime. His appeal was denied but I understand that they are unveiled legislation to reduce sentencing. What does that mean?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He was found guilty of three offenses: conspiracy to embezzle public monies; embezzlement of government property; and aggravated identity theft.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Criminal Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 months ago.

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Unveiled legislation means it is a proposal. Generally when legislation is proposed and it is going to deal with sentencing, it is for any convictions after the effective date of the new law as proposed in the legislation.

It generally is not a law that is going to apply retroactive to a conviction and sentence prior to the passage of the legislation to a new law.