P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
11181181

If i didnt have possion of a gun can i be convicted of one

Customer Question

if i didnt have possion of a gun can i be convicted of one just cuz i said i hAD KNOWLDGE OF MY feiance having one
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
iam a convicted felon not on conditional relase or probation
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpTO convinct you of possession of a firearm they have to prove that either you possessed it physically (like, for example, on your person) or you had constructive possession (you placed it someplace that you were able to go to an recover it when you desired). If the state can prove that you put the weapon in the place it was recovered? They can convinct you of possession.Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
iknew ofmy fiance having one supossly in the closet but i never went searching for it'
Thanks. They (the state) have the burden to prove you knew where it was and were able to access it...unless they can prove this (beyond a reasonable doubt)? They can not convict you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
srry i donthavethatkidacash on my debit srry but here i found a friend robbing my house after i allowed him to stay with use my fiance and I because he had no place to live and was going to drug court at the end of the week. he was goin out thew back when i came bak from taking my fiance to work, i confronted him inthe parking lot of my girls condo we ... view full
26 March 2016 12:1326 March 2016 12:21
why is the state trying to prosocute me and the police found the gun on him and me persona; property ...
26 March 2016 12:21
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
26 March 2016 04:44
im also because ofthuis now witha revoke bondim trying to getb some moneybtogether because my paid attorny aint doing anything ned a new one
The state has the burden to prove you guilty...not the other way around. You can testify at trial you had no idea where the gun was...if the jury believes you, you will be acquitted.