Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Experience:  16 years practicing criminal defense.
19958803

My daughter is being harassed by a man who wants 2&1/2 feet

Customer Question

my daughter is being harassed by a man who wants 2&1/2 feet of her property. my daughter had doesn'the property surveyed at his request. he doesn't want to believe the surveyor. this man wants to take my daughter to court. he won't leave her alone. by the way, he doesn't own the the land he says is his. he leases it. my daughter needs the harassment to stop.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Has she formally notified him not to contact her any more about the property issue since she had the survey performed?

.

What is he doing to contact her about it?

.

Has he actually filed anything in court?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she has him to leave her alone. #1 he comes on her property whenever my daughter is there. we don't know how he knows when she is there. he doesn't live by the property. somehow he knows whenever she is there. it's becomeingredients scary.#2 ---i don't think so. he just keeps saying that he's going to take her to court. #3---please help, just email me. I need to go. thank you. K.J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will when I can. A GREAT BIG THANK THANK-YOU. K.J.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Ok, she needs to document her demands for him to stop contacting her so she has proof of doing so. So I would suggest a text, email, or certified letter sent to him stating that she is requesting that he cease all contact with her and stay off her property or she will file both a criminal complaint for harassment as well as seek a restraining order against him.

.

Once she puts him in official notice that he is not to contact her, and has proof of doing so, then if he does again, she can call the police and seek to have him charged criminally with harassment and trespassing if he enters her property. Then she can file for a restraining order against him and if he contacts her again in any way, he will be charged criminally for violating a restraining order and will face jail time for his actions.

.

So she needs to be firm and document he demand for him to stay off her property and not contact her again and then follow up by calling the police if she does so again.

.

.

thanks