Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I accidentally called my ex-wife thinking I was at home. I

Customer Question

I accidentally called my ex-wife thinking I was at home. I then asked if we could talk. I then explained that. Since I'd met my obligations for the Judge, it was OK to call her. The text and call was very cordial and short and I apologized for the inconvenience. This is my first ever problem of this nature and am scared to death of going to jail. Your advice is Needed..... Thanks......Phillip
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have a TPO against me and I completed everything the Judge had requested of me. It was a truly honest mistake.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon Phillip,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am a GA licensed attorney.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge of an additional $5 I can offer you a private phone conversation as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What was the circumstances that have you concerned about calling your ex?

2. What text?

3. What do you mean when you say you thought you were at home?

Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon Phillip,

I can't help you if you don't provide me with the minimal additional information I asked for. I look forward to hearing back from you.