Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I would like to know what you think about this situation-My

Customer Question

I would like to know what you think about this situation-My son was to go to his girlfriends - they are semi -co-habiting-- when he arrived her ex-husband was there- my son drove by a couple of times waiting for the ex to leave , finally he pulled into the driveway. The ex got into his pickup and rammed into the front cattle guard of my sons pick-up.
Then the ex got our of his pick-up and aggressively approached my sons pick-up - yanking the door open - my son grabbed the first thing he could get his hands on to defend himself and hit the man-causing a gash in his scalp and apparently 2 bumps on his head. They ended up out of the pickup fighting - my son was kicked causing internal bruising.
The ex called the cops and filed assault charges, My son was arrested and charged with 2nd degree assault -- use of a weapon to commit assault-- criminal mischief-- and reckless driving. During the time he was in jail he ask to file counter charges on the ex-husband- he was told he would have t
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

It looks like the rest of your question got cut off. It stops with "He was told he would have to..." Can you tell me the rest? What exactly would you like to know?