Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I'm 22yrs old and made a terrible mistake of taking a $20

Customer Question

Hi I'm 22yrs old and made a terrible mistake of taking a $20 shirt from kohls without paying. I was taken by security then the cop took me to jail where I had to pay to get released. I'm so disappointed in myself. This is a first time offense, clean record not even a ticket. I was very apologetic and corporative and the security told me if he should take it back calling the cop he would. I'm terrified for court and wanted to know what you think I'm looking at? Advice please if you could I cant sleep. I've wrote a letter to kohls apologizing but don't know if I should send it or not. Please help
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

What state are you in?

Did you have to post a bond?

When is your next court date?