Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

I was charged of under 50 grams of CDS (marijuana) in a

Customer Question

I was charged for possession of under 50 grams of CDS (marijuana) in a motor vehicle. I was wondering if someone who was in the car were to claim it as theirs should I plead not guilty?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If another person who was in the car is admitting it was their marijuana, you should NOT plead guilty. You should plead not guilty and if the other person is admitting to the marijuana being their marijuana the court would either find you not guilty or the DA will dismiss the charges against you, since someone else already admitted to possession.