Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

I was a defendant in a PFA ,in the PFA ex stated in PFA that

Customer Question

I was a defendant in a PFA ,in the PFA ex stated in PFA that I had guns and that my brother was in possession of them. the judge wanted the guns turned over to the sheriffs dept . I stated to the sheriffs office I was not in possession of the guns . judge wanted a us to prove that the guns were transferred by a legal gun dealer. we went to the local gun dealer ask about transferring the weapons. he stated why you don't need to transfer the guns from brother to brother in pa. and for this I was incarcerated for 30 this a violation of my civil rights?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 months ago.

The answer to the "why" is that the judge ordered you to do it that way, likely so he could be sure the guns were really transferred. Were you given 30 days for your failure to follow the judge's order or for something else? Did the dealer refuse to transfer the weapons formally? How did the court find out that you hadn't used a dealer? Did you have a lawyer with you in court when the judge sentenced you to the 30 days?

Please reply here on this question thread so that I can finish my answer once I've heard from you.