Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

I have a bench warrant in the state of minnesota to appear

Customer Question

I have a bench warrant in the state of minnesota for failing to appear at arraignment on a marijuana cultivation charge. I was recently picked up in phoenix due to that warrant and was allowed to bond out with a future court date. What I would like to know is what can I expect at that court appearance? Depending on the outcome, could I be taken back into custody at that appearance
JA: My brothers got into lots of trouble with the law when they were young. The Criminal Lawyer will know how to get you the best outcome. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no, not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 months ago.

Was there an Arizona case as well, or is the only reason you are due in court the fact that you had the Minnesota warrant?

If there is no other Arizona hold on you and you show up in court for your court appearance, you should not be put back in jail. But you will be expected to return to Minnesota to handle your case. You can sign a waiver of extradition and allow for a team of marshals from Minnesota to come pick you up, or you can work out some way of turning yourself in to Minnesota.

You can also contest extradition, though it's likely not to be successful, since there are only three grounds that work:

1) you're not the person wanted by Minnesota for failing to appear at arraignment;

2) you are the person, but you never were charged with a marijuana cultivation matter on which you warranted;

3) there's an error in Minnesota's paperwork.