Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.

18 year old daughter caught using a fake id to buy alcohol.

Customer Question

18 year old daughter caught using a fake id to buy alcohol. Is this a felony or misdemeanor. First time offender. Was not arrested but summoned.
JA: My brothers got into lots of trouble with the law when they were young. The Criminal Lawyer will know how to get you the best outcome. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Trying to gather information at this point. Just want to know whether it is a felony or misdemeanor.
JA: Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

The penalty for using a fake ID to buy alcohol varies by state. What state is your daughter in?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Delaware. I know the penalty. I want to know if it is a misdemeanor or felony. That simple

Thank you.

The penalty is how you can tell if something is a misdemeanor or a felony. A first offense fake ID charge in Delaware is a misdemeanor.