Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney

My name is ***** *****. I was convicted of a class six

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I was convicted of a class six felony 25 yrsago with no priors before or after. Am I allowed to hunt with black powder rifle in Va
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I don't know if If I can legally hunt with a blac powder rife or not
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Criminal Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

Virginia defines a firearm as a device intended to hurl a projectile by action of the explosion of a combustible material. A black powder rifle fits that description. The black powder rifle is technically not considered a firearm. However, this designation is not intended for the benefit of the purchaser, but rather, for the benefit of the manufacturer as well as the retailer. As a felon, even if it was 25 years ago, you are prohibited from owning this weapon.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.