Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Someone told me it was legal to play doctor self and

Customer Question

Someone told me it was legal to play doctor for your self and yourself only. My doctor(s) are having troubles and I can't convince them to do anything. And everything requires a script in this country. There must be something that allows myself to write my own scripts (waiver form or other to exempt anyone to getting into troubles). Any ideas please are and would be helpful to say the least thank you
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 8 months ago.

Someone misinformed you. You can't write prescriptions unless you are appropriately licensed. In some states even doctors can't prescribe certain types of medication for themselves.

There is no legal workaround. Writing a prescription can get you arrested.