P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.

Can a person with a criminal record become a Paralegal and

Customer Question

Can a person with a criminal record become a Paralegal and Auctioneer at a Low Office?- 1. crime: Drinking alcohol and driving under age,
- 2. Crime: drinking alcohol and driving under age, killing a person, hit and run. Gets a 10 year prison term; released after 2 years prison term, probation 8 years.
Other crimes: Trespassing, perhaps several others more.
Can such a person become a Paralegal and Auctioneer at a Low Office?I am very much interested at your opinion and answer.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

There is no law that prohibits this. That is, a person with a felony criminal record can attend school and become a paralegal.

However...can the get a job?

That is a different question. Frankly, it depends on many factors, including how long ago the criminal offenses were, how well the person did in school, how well they present in an interview.

Certainly it will be difficult for this person to get a job in a law office, with the extensive criminal record you are describing. But perhaps not impossible