RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

Can a felon in ca still get a vehicle salesperson license

Customer Question

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

It is not an automatic denial, but it is possible that a person with a criminal record can be denied. The DMV has final say, and they do not list anywhere specific crimes or circumstances that would result in denial. This is because every case is evaluated on its own set of facts and circumstances. Thus, only the agency itself can give you a definitive answer once an applicant submits an application.

If you look at the Vehicles Salesperson Handbook (first page) it notes that every applicant is subject to a background investigation and that applicants who have a prior criminal record or who have engaged in conduct involving moral turpitude substantially related to the duties or qualifications of the licensed activity may be denied. It also notes that a no contest plea is also considered a conviction within the meaning of the code.

If you need clarification or additional information, please reply, and I'm happy to assist you further. Thank you.

If you need clarification or additional information, please reply, and I'll be happy to assist you. Otherwise, kindly remember to leave me a positive rating (3-5 stars) as that is the only way experts on this site are compensated for our time and expertise, even if you have previously left a deposit. Thank you.