LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience

My girlfriend left the state of IL and filed an order of

Customer Question

My girlfriend left the state of IL and filed an order of protection against me in Pike county Missouri. This order of protection states that I am not allowed to see my 2 month old daughter at said residence. This said residence is with a man who is a registered sex offender. Charged with Child molest second degree and also sodomy first degree. Pease advise.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon Joshua,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You may petition the court for primary custody of your child based on the fact that your ex has moved in with a registered sex offender. If your child has been in MO less than 6 months you can file in the county in IL that they moved from. If your childhood has been in MO for 6 months or longer, you must sue in the county where the child now lives.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good morning,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,