Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I had my car stolen by my daughter in law and the Miami

Customer Question

I had my car stolen by my daughter in law and the Miami Beach Police refused to file a stolen auto report. I have the facts and was forced to roam the streets and parking lots of Miami Beach for my auto. I recovered it a week later. I want to prosecute the individual, and the police for failing to file a stolen auto report.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Did your daughter live with you at the time she took the vehicle?

2. Where did she get the keys to the vehicle---or did she hot-wire it?

3. You say you want to prosecute the individual---do you mean your daughter? By prosecute do you mean a criminal proceeding?