RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

Stealing 4 pair nike shoe in a collage classmate room is

Customer Question

stealing 4 pair nike shoe in a collage classmate room is simple burglar worth 900 dollars
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: my son collage friend was in his room and stole 4 pair of shoe from another collage room both was charge with simple bugular
JA: Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: my son does not a criminal record.Just immature on his part for letting this person to come in his room.
JA: Our top Criminal Lawyer is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Criminal Lawyer in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Criminal Lawyer until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to helping you.

Can you tell me what state this was in, please?

Also, what was your legal question? Are you just wondering what the potential penalties are?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Louisiana legal question? is this a simple burgulary
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Louisiana

Thank you for your reply.

In Louisiana, simple burglary includes unauthorized entry into a dwelling, vehicle, watercraft, or other structure (like a dorm room) with the intent to commit a felony or theft therein.

Penalties include a fine of up to $2,000, up to 12 years in prison, or both. (14 La. Stat. Ann. § 62.)

So yes, this could be considered a simple burglary. Now, for a first offense, with no priors, I don't see a conviction leading to any type of jail sentence, but more then likely probation, which can include things like community service, restitution, and court costs.

If you need clarification or additional information, please reply, and I'll be happy to assist you further.

If you need clarification or additional information, please reply, and I'll be happy to assist you. Otherwise, kindly remember to leave me a positive rating (3-5 stars) as that is the only way experts on this site are compensated for our time and expertise, even if you have previously left a deposit. Thank you.