Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Should you take a polygraph test if your a very nerveous

Customer Question

should you take a polygraph test if your a very nerveous person?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Whether you're a nervous person really isn't a factor because your baseline is determined from the time you sit down and begin the testing.......so if you're nervous and in a cold sweat your baseline would be that (and not of a person who is calm and collected). That said, polygraphs are not admissible in court, so there's not much advantage to submitting to one unless the prosecutor makes the offer to take it with some real advantage to you (such as having the charges dropped if you were to pass, etc.).

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Heres the situation my sons girlfriend kid has burises so they want my son to take one along with mom cause he lives in the house. There have been many witnesses to her hitting the kid none of my son. I feel they are trying to point the finger at my son cause mom is trying to put her award winning act on. no charges have been filed your opinion should he go ahead and seek attorney?

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Obviously, it's up to him as to whether he sits for the test.....but if he refuses, the authorities will likely suspect him more than they do now as refusing could be a red flag that he's trying to hide something.