Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

Can a retailer such as a WALMART store allow a person that

Customer Question

Can a retailer such as a WALMART store allow a person that has a valid FOID card to carry a loaded hand gun that is concealed. Because in the state of Illinois a private property owner has the right to allow a person that has a valid FOID card to carry a loaded hand gun concealed on their private property.
My question is really is the WALMART store considered " Private ' due to being open to the public ?
Thank you
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice /legal service you should contact a local attorney.

Yes. The Walmart store is a private property / business, despite the fact that it is open to public and the store management does have discretion to authorize an employee to carry concealed weapon if the employee has a valid FOID card.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.

Thank you.