Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney experienced in criminal matters, having represented hundreds of clients with every misdemeanor and felony imaginable.
18210975

Driving with a restricted license had an emergency last

Customer Question

Driving with a restricted license had an emergency last night with my sister In The hospital, on my way back home, I was in a minor accident 6 houses down from where I lived.
We both say it was neither of our faults, there was no police report filed .
What shall I do?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today.

I'm sorry to hear about your accident. Your question is a rather broad one, so I'll need more info before I can help. What exactly do you want to know? Have you been charged with a crime or ticketed? Thanks,

Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got a dui with a misdameanor sept of last year. I finished my dui program classes and my awp work release program. I was told after I finish my dui classes and my certificate was mailed to me and electronically sent to the dmv. That I will be able to get my license back. I made an appointment for March 1st for dmv. To remove my restrictions off my license ....To my surprise they said I cannot get it ...until April 13th . I then asked why, they could not give me an answer. Then I said I was told by the dmv and my duo program once I get my certificate for completing my dui program I am able to get my restrictions removed off my license.So as of last night I had an emergency with my sister being in the hospital, I drove literally not even a mile from my house. On my way back from the hospital I got into a minor accident at a 4 way stop 6 houses down from my home.There were no witnesses , we are both saying we are not at fault. Weather conditions were bad it was raining .
My question is what do I do, because I was driving with a restricted license .I do I have my ins and my sr-22

What are the restrictions on the license?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Restrictions 03 drive only to/from course of employment and to and from dui program
Restriction 08 drive only to from course of employment and to from dui program

And where you charged with driving on a restricted license?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I wasn't charged...

Thank you.

At this point, there really isn't any thing to do from the info you have given me. You're not being sued (currently) and you're not being charged (currently). Please let me know if I'm missing something.

Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What will happen when the other person files a claim with insurance...and they find out I was driving on a restricted liscense

I suppose they could use that as a basis for some kind of suit, but I doubt it. The license itself did not give rise to negligence (if any). At this point, your only real option is to just sit and wait. Once you are either sued, charged, or treated some other way that's a problem, we can help you out with specific suggestions then.

I hope this helps.

If you valued my time, please consider rating me positively at the top of the page. Experts don't get credit for our answers until you do. If you have further questions, please continue to ask them until you're completely satisfied.

DISCLAIMER: This is not legal advice and I am not your lawyer. My questions are based on my knowledge of the jurisdiction where I am admitted to practice, my experience on this site over several years, and research on the relevant laws and statutes for your jurisdiction, if any. My information is not advice and you should always speak to local counsel before you act.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should I call my insurance?

I can't give legal advice, but those that are in accidents often call their insurance if they plan on making a claim saying it was the other driver's fault.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
give them the other woman's insurance information.... Because we are both saying it is either one of our faults.

Right, in the case of a claim, you would need to give them her info.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you

No problem! Let me know if you have any further questions! Otherwise, please consider reviewing me positively. :)