Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience in criminal law, BA in criminal justice
20355756

Is it against arizona law partner not to tell you they have

Customer Question

Is it against arizona law for your partner not to tell you they have an sti and they give it to you and just found out he has a record in a sex crime from 2 yrs ago
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 8 months ago.

hELLO THERE --

-

In AZ, and about 14 other states, it is a crime for a person infected with HIV and certain other STD's. They can be charged with a criminal offense if it is demonstrated that the infected person knew or should have known of the fact that he was infected and then failed to tell their sexual partner that they are STD positive. Here is a link to an excellent article regarding a summary of all of these laws currently in effect across the country (see pages 26 / 27 for the AZ laws regarding such offenses. http://www.cdc.gov/std/program/final-std-statutesall-states-5june-2014.pdf

-

I hope that helps. Please press a positive rating in the ratings section above so I will be paid for my time helping you tonight. I am paid nothing unless you press the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right of the middle star (all positive ratings). Pressing a positive rating will not cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as the trigger to Just Answer to pay me for my time helping you tonight. THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!

-

MARY