Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I need to draft a specific power of attorney relative in

Customer Question

I need to draft a specific power of attorney for my relative in Israel to act on my behalf in relation to my Israeli Driver's License renewal
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had to renew my Israeli Driver's License from the US, and it's been handled except fro the fact that it is supposed to be sent to my last address in Israel without any way for me to retrieve it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Criminal Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.
Hello and thank you for requesting me. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.
First of all, understand that the Israeli authorities may simply not recognize the POA as enough for a relative to renew the driver license. In most cases, the individual would have to be there THEMSELVES. So the POA may simply not be enough. You will have to check with the Ministry of Transportation.
Regardless, a Power of Attorney is called a ייפוי כוח in Hebrew. If the grantor of the POA lives outside of Israel, they have two ways have the POA signed: via the Israeli Consulate or via an apostille certification. In USA, the Israeli consulate is the most practical way. They will also charge a small fee to execute the form.
The POA should be in Hebrew for most cases. I am providing a GENERAL power of attorney example below:
http://www.eca.gov.il/loadedFiles/yipuy%20coha.pdf
One of course wants to have language that is more narrow in scope and specific to the situation.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am not sure this POA covers my issue... It doesn't seem to mention appearance in front of any mosad memshalti...
Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
You are the one that asked for the Power of Attorney in the first place. I had mentioned in my original answer that this would likely not be enough to get a license renewed because the person needs to be inside haaretz for this to happen. Frankly, it will likely not be enough.
However, since you did ask for a POA, I then also provided an example of a POA in Hebrew. Not one created for your matter specifically, but an example, so you can know what kind of document you were asking for.
But again, I fear a POA would likely not be enough.
Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.
Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.