CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I am wondering what will happen to my probation once I am

Customer Question

I am wondering what will happen to my probation once I am deported to Canada. Will it still be enforceable? Will it be transferred to Canadian authorities?
JA: OK. The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: They don't know as they are not immigration lawyers
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Ok
JA: Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: 270 days in county jail and 5yrs probation for aggravated felony in California. When I get deported after jail what happens to the probation condition?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 8 months ago.

Dear Customer,

You are still going to be subject to parole in California (still have an obligation to report to your CA parole officer).

Violations of parole usually only create problems if you actually return to the US (CA).

This article here: https://www.wklaw.com/what-happens-if-you-are-deported-while-on-probation/ discusses the matter in more detail (along with citations to the appropriate sections of the CA penal code).