Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My Grandson is an inmate in Colorado, and is mentally ill.

Customer Question

My Grandson is an inmate in Colorado, and is mentally ill. Recently, his mental illness has been re evaluated, though he has had a lifelong experience from his earliest years with mental illness. The re evaluation of his mental illness has opened the way for him to be placed in Maximum Security solitary confinement. Hr has been in prison for ten years, and for much of that time has been in isolation/solitary confinement. It is in the interest of the prison to re evaluate its mentally ill prisoners, since the Colorado Legislature recently encacted legislation to limit isolation for mentally ill inmates. His is a complicated story, but I think it is time for him to file a Civil Rights Complaint under ADA to alleviate the inhumane isolation that is further deteriorating his health.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

I'm very sorry to hear about your grandson's situation. What is the question that you wish to ask with regard to this situation?