Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

My husband is in prison and has been beaten and lost 2 front

Customer Question

my husband is in prison and has been beaten and lost 2 front teeth and racial issues how can i go about getting him help? i live in albany ny and have contacted everyone withno results
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 months ago.

Have you contacted his lawyer?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No dont know.where to.begin at this point his safety is my concern
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 months ago.

Sorry for the delay but I had turned off my computer for the night by the time that you replied to my inquiry.

You begin by contacting the lawyer who represented him on the case for which he is presently incarcerated. There is nothing you're going to be able to accomplish by yourself, as it appears you have already learned. His lawyer can have him produced before his sentencing judge. The judge can order that he gets medical attention and get him into protective custody if your husband wishes to be out of harm's way. There may be more that he can do as well depending upon what he learns from his client when he sees and talks to him, but the immediate situation can be addressed and remedied fairly quickly.