Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

My son ******* ***** ***** was sentence in two different

Customer Question

My son ******* ***** ***** was sentence in two different counties he received a seven-year sentence form Miller County and two seven year sentences from Morgan County
He specifically asked the judge in Miller County if his sentence was not concurrent or consecutive the judge said it could run concurrent
But when he was sentence in Morgan County the judge said the sentences were to run wild.
How can judge in Morgan County override the judge?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 months ago.

You would need someone to look at the record of what was said at the time of the sentencing. If he was sentenced last on the Morgan County matter, that judge could decide for himself whether he wanted concurrent or consecutive time on his own case.