Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My son is in Fairfax County Adult Detention Center in

Customer Question

My son is in Fairfax County Adult Detention Center in Fairfax, Va. His grandmother has been diagnosed with Brain Cancer the Drs. give her 2 to 3 months to live. All she is wants is to have him home for her last days. She has been part of his life since he was born. He put in for a medical furlough to be home with her. He had a hearing last Friday the D.A. argued against it because we live in the state of Maryland if he did not come back it would cost them a lot of money to bring him back. So the judge denied it. How can I go about guarantee them he will return when he suppose . So I can give my dyeing mother her last wish. Linda Vencill
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

This is a difficult thing since you're crossing state lines.....but you could offer a bond to be issued and returnable within a certain time......that's would give the court some assurance that if he didn't come back, the bonding company would make sure that he returns. That's really all you could offer to give the authorities some assurances, but whether or not the DA and judge would agree is uncertain.