Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

My name is ***** *****. Does the DA file charges criminal

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. Does the DA file charges for every criminal complaint?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was a foster parent. I had a 3 year old son with emotional problems. He threw a big fit and my neighbors called the police. He had marks from me trying to restrain him so he didn't hurt himself. The police were there but did not arrest me. CPS removed my foster son and his 1 year old sister. Now I'm being investigated by police. A criminal complaint has been filed against me... Probably 1.5 to 2 weeks ago. Am I getting arrested?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Criminal Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

If by "criminal complaint" you mean a complaint made by someone against you then no, the DA doesn't file charges on every criminal complaint that is made.

However, a criminal complaint an also be the misdemeanor version of an indictment which is filed by the police. If that is what you mean by criminal complaint then if one has been filed you have already been charged and would be arrested at some point.

What I'd suggest you do is go ahead and hire a criminal defense lawyer and get them involved because many times they can "head the case off" and prevent it from being filed by the DA and this prevent you from being arrested or charged.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread.