Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

I'm presently charged with a out.irequsted all record &

Customer Question

I'm presently charged with a out.irequsted all record & transcript,& the camcorder of the sobriety tests that I preformed. I was given a C.D. Of 72 phone conversations (680)man. Listed was conversation with inmates loved ones including,phone numbers,address,account numbers and other personal information. Do I have case against the arresting law enforcement department?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

The first two sentences appear to be garbled. Could you redo those? Everything before the sentence that states with "Listed was..."

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm presently charged with a oui. I requested copies and of all the transcripts, and the dash cam. I was given an the transcripts and a cd of 72 phone calls with audio involving inmates address,phone numbers, account numbers and other inmate personal information.can I sue the law enforcement agency?

No, not for that.

The people whose information was on there might be able to sue but generally that information isn't protected by law. The only type of information that is protected, as a general rule, is health care information and that is due to HIPAA which doesn't allow for lawsuits.