Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

My daughter was arrested leaving a friend of hers, the

Customer Question

My daughter was arrested leaving a friend of hers, the deputy sheriff that arrested her is telling people that she got busted with a dealers amount and she done the right thing and shes working for them as a paid informant many people have heard him saying this. They have been trying to get her to talk she is still in jail because she won't work with them. Just wanted to get advice on how to do the right thing. And she also has gotten divorce papers while incarcerated, the deputy wouldn't let her have her purse to carry with her, he carried it to her husband that morning after she got arrested
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If he is telling everyone she is working with them as an informant, which places her in danger, the first thing you need to do is get her an attorney to seek her release. Second, the attorney will assist her in filing a complaint with the police department internal affairs division, since this is inappropriate conduct and it is something that can actually cause her physical harm.
She will also need to address the divorce by filing an answer. However, you need to start by getting her the attorney to get her released and also to file the complaint with the police against the officer.