Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have received a letter in the mail saying I have a warrant

Customer Question

I have received a letter in the mail saying I have a warrant for my arrest charged with theft by check $20-$500. What do I do?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I wrote a $200 at grocery store but it bounced. I had received a letter requesting it be paid in 10 days but at time was having hard time financially then honestly forgot to pay it until I received the warrant in the mail. It is asking me to post a $250 bond
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Criminal Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 9 months ago.

Hello. I will help you with your questions. I have been an attorney for 26 years.

Can you attach the letter for me, please?

If you cannot attach it, can you please tell me what state you are in?

Do they have a Law section number on your letter?

What police or prosecutor agency is the letter from?

Once you have given me these responses, I will know how to guide you. Thank you, ***** *****