Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

What about those who are disrupting church services?

Customer Question

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Can you please clarify your situation and your question?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have a member of the church who has been put on probation numerous times for negative responses toward the leadership of the church when being called upon during testimony time, prayer meetings and bible study time. Eventually the board had to put the member on discipline and not to be called upon at these times of church services. During a business meeting the member was not called upon and talked anyway and would not cease his discussion and was making violent gesticulations in anger. The meeting had to be closed down because of the disruption. What can the church do? This member does not recognized the authority of the church board.

Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Generally, the church leadership can file a police report related to the church members improper / threatening behavior and also the church leadership can call the police and ask police to issue a trespass warning to the unruly member and once trespass warning is issued by the police, if the member attempts to visit church property, the church employees can call police and to have this member arrested for criminal trespass.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.