How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 25942
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is being held in stark county jail in Ohio bench

Customer Question

My husband is being held in stark county jail in Ohio for a bench warrant from mahoning county jail forfaluiare to appear on a misdemeanor case his sentence was up at 8 am today in stark county how long can they hold him on this detainer holder for the other county
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


Unfortunately, the Ohio code of criminal procedure does not specify how long your husband can be held before he must be transported to Mahoning County. Rule 4 Section (C)(1)(a) says this:

(a) If the warrant is issued after the defendant has made an initial appearance or has failed to appear at an initial appearance, the warrant shall command that the defendant be arrested and either of the following:

(i) That the defendant shall be required to post a sum of cash or secured bail bond with the condition that the defendant appear before the issuing court at a time and date certain;

(ii) That the defendant shall be held without bail until brought before the issuing court without unnecessary delay.

If he has representation on his Mahoning County case, you should call his lawyer, who can alert the prosecutor that he's in jail in Stark County so that they could do an order to produce him in Court and expedite his transfer.

Related Criminal Law Questions