Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Can you vote if your on unsupervised probation, I was on

Customer Question

Can you vote if your on unsupervised probation
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was on probation for burglary talking and obstruction of an officer I got 5 do 10 on probation
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Criminal Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

In most states you would lose your right to vote at least until you've finished your sentence and your case is closed. If you let me know the state in which you were convicted, I can look it up for you and see if your state provides an exception to the general rule. Please reply with your state information here on this question thread.