Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

I am from wisconsin, i have been convicted of 5 owi felony.

Customer Question

i am from wisconsin , i have been convicted of 5 owi felony. where do i start to get my 2nd amendent rights back.do you have the name and number of a lawer in wis. that could help me? thank you/Clarence...
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The problem is that a pardon would be needed as WI law prohibits any convicted felon from possessing a firearm. So, you would have to file a petition for pardon with full restoration of rights, but the problem is that the WI governor has suspended all pardons so right now you cannot get your rights reinstated through a pardon until the WI Pardon and Parole board gets approval from the governor to begin taking applications again.
Without a pardon, I am afraid you would not be able to get your gun rights reinstated.