Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have several questions and concerns that are also very

Customer Question

I have several questions and concerns that are also very time sensitive about this matter and subject. A Very good friend of mine worked for Walmart a few months ago in the state of Alabama as a cashier, and had only been on the job several months but her performance was very excellent and seen by others and right before this incident happened she even had been told that she was being promoted to CSM and was about to start training and was going to be put on a full-time payroll. Also one of her Managers had a very hateful attitude towards her and actually reported her for something that she did not do three days prior to the event in other saw her demeanor is well. A few days after that happen my friend got fired and was accused of stealing, in reference to food, not couponing properly, and eating on the job. It was actually escorted off the property which was ridiculously massive. Walmart is now trying to prosecute her under these accusations and her dad just found her an attorney but he is not advising her it all correctly or telling her what she needs to be doing or what her rights are pretty much just said she's not gonna win this and she needs to just pay the fine. But my friend that wanted these and does not want to meet to something she did not do. Walmart is claiming that they had video feed but after the second court date they still haven't come up with it which seems they are stalling because they don't have it. What rights does she have? And how can she fight this? Please I would appreciate any advice on this matter!
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 12 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. You are asking a very broad question...

"what rights does she have"

There are, literally, hundreds of books on this general subject. Could you perhaps narrow this down a bit, so I can address your concerns.

Would it help to chat on the phone? I can make that happen for $5 additional...