Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Tby a car was a pedestrian. Reported to police and what I

Customer Question

Hitby a car was a pedestrian. Reported to police and what I told officer and what was written up was wrong. First paragraph states that police department and fire department both think I am addicted to pain killers. I spoke with fire chief and he was never contacted by police chief and it's not there calm to state anything like this they just take the person to the hospital and Stratford fire department ambulance was g the one that brought me to the E/R. Does this first paragraph starting the police report already show the rest of the sport is wrongfully reported as it all is and shomws that I was j. The wrong as j was the one hit by the car. This happened n. Stratford NH
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Criminal Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 9 months ago.

You posted this in criminal law. Have you been charged with a crime? What's the question you wish to ask about this?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No not been charged any crime. asking about the police chief commenting a crime of writing false information in first paragraph of his report. Police chief stated but never spoke to the fire department chief and me having a history with both departments of pain medication abuse which I never did with either and I have medical documentation to prove it.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 9 months ago.

Sometimes police paperwork is sloppy. The person preparing the report is frequently not the officer at the scene but someone transcribing notes. Mistakes get made.

You can go to the police chief with your documentation and ask them to amend the report because there are important mistakes in there. If it's a clear mistake of fact, for example, if you are the pedestrian and the report says you're the driver, then although they do not have to amend the report, they usually will. Other times, your facts and the officer's facts may differ because there is simply more than one way to interpret what happened. Those types of statements the police are not as likely to want to amend. But you can make your own statement of what happened and ask if the police will attach your report to theirs.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Got copy of police report There is a stated made in the report that an email was given to the police And it attached it did not receive this email and this email is regarding me. Am I entitled to a copy of this email as stated in the police report?
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 9 months ago.

You can ask for it. You may have to subpoena it if they won't release it, which means you'd have to be in litigation.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Dec 2,15 was hit by a car(pedestrian), I requested a copy of the police report. In the report is stated an email is attached to the report should I have received a copy of this email, this email is about me.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 9 months ago.

You are not entitled to the police report, but not to all of the discovery unless you are in litigation. Again, you can ask the police for the email. You may have to subpoena it.