Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I just got a card in the mail that said I had a bench

Customer Question

I just got a card in the mail that said I had a bench warrant in Florida. And that I would need to go the Santa Rosa county jail and turn myself in to handle it. The problem is I live in kansas city Missouri. What's the best way for me to approach this? I assume it's a small warrant. I have never dealt with anything like this.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 9 months ago.

You have no idea what this warrant is for? Then the best way to take care of this would be to hire a lawyer in Santa Rosa who could look into what the warrant is for. If it is a small matter he may be able to resolve it for you. If not, he could at least pave the way for your safest possible return to court.