Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

What will happen to my 15year old being charged with murder

Customer Question

What will happen to my 15year old being charged with murder because the boy and his friend chased after him in there vehicle almost hit him wen he was running away so I guess he had a gun nd just shot because he was scared
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

Under Nevada law, a minor charged with murder is automatically tried as an adult, so your son will be tried as an adult. What it sounds like is your son is claiming self-defense in this case. Self-defense is justified in the following circumstance:

1. The defendant reasonably believes he/she is facing immediate bodily harm, and
  2. The defendant uses no more physical force than necessary to protect him/herself.

This will be difficult as he will have to prove that the intent of the two boys chasing him was to hit him with the car and try to hurt him. This will be difficult and will be essential as he would need to be in immediate danger of bodily harm and had to use appropriate force to protect himself. If the two boys were simply chasing him with no intent to run over him then it is likely that self-defense will not work. This defense will be an uphill battle for your son and you really need to hire a very good criminal defense attorney.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I am compensated for my time.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?