Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I was in Memphis, TN at a fuel stop and had a confrontation

Customer Question

I was in Memphis, TN at a fuel stop and had a confrontation with a security officer. He handcuffed me, physically injured me in an attempt to restrain me, identified himself as an off duty Memphis Police officer, and detained me for 2 hrs in a confined space. Police were called and upon arrival, told the guard, who was not a police officer that he had violated my civil rights, and detained me illegally. They then told me to leave the premises, which I did. I want to file suit for damages for violating my civil rights, and illegally detaining me for those two hours.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?