Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Last week my ex-boyfriend and I had a family argument that

Customer Question

Last week my ex-boyfriend and I had a family argument that lead to assault on me. I called the constable to report the incident and explain the injuries inflicted. Because the injuries were not visible and my ex and his brother gave another story, they did not arrest him nor the DA accepted the case.
I immediately went to the ER to be viewed and have some type of record. The following day, the bruises were appearing and have been on my face and body for a week. I've been taking pictures of these bruises. I would like to know what course of action do I have when the initial complaint was not taken by the DA's office?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

I have read your comments but I don't see an actual legal question...

.

If you can post a legal question, I can help get you an answer..

.

.

thanks