Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I had two checks bounce one for $*** and one for $****. My

Customer Question

I had two checks bounce one for $*** and one for $****. My ***** company which is also where my account is took out funds to put towards mortage because we have been behind without my knowledge so those checks didnt clear. I have paid both merchants in full but i still have to go to court. Will i go to jail?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 9 months ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Generally, if this is a first offense and the money has been reimbursed to the merchants there is no jail time. I suggest probation may be more likely. But if you want to tell me what state these charges were filed, I can get you more accurate information as to sentencing.