Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

WHAT IS THE STATUE OF M LIMITATIONS VIOLENCE IN FLORIDA

Customer Question

WHAT IS THE STATUE OF M LIMITATIONS FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IN FLORIDA
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i ONLY HAVE ONE PICTURE AND A COUPLE OF MESSAGE FROM OCT 2014, BUT THERE HAS BEEN MORE INCIDENTS SINCE THEM i JUST DONT HAVE PROOF I HAVE SOME TEXT WHERE HE HAS VERBALLY ABUSED ME
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Criminal Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

If the charge is a misdemeanor, the statute of limitations is 2 years from the event. If it is a felony, the statute of limitation is 3 years. http://law.findlaw.com/state-laws/criminal-statute-of-limitations/florida/

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

I can't get the above link to work, but here's another one: http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/criminal-case-statute-of-limitations/FL-felonies-misdemeanors.htm

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks!