Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Getting ready to be presentenced and need to write on my

Customer Question

Getting ready to be presentenced and need to write on my behalf og myself I have a daughter That I love so much and should have known that I was to good to be true a money scam that I got caught up and set up and am the only one in trouble.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes I use to have a convenience store in Georgia in 2010 which I was doing great then I had hired my cousin on my father side I didn't really know anything about and she and her sister scam me into cashing Treasury checks for her sister which she stated her sister had a tax preparation business. I know I was wrong, now because I should have never trusted people I didn't really know but because they was my father nieces I just know they would no have done me like that, now I could serve time for a scam they got me for and know am let holding the bag, and have to pay back all of the monies, they didn't do anything to them at all, wow! Oh see I found out the checks was stolen once I had cashed them and I called the IRS to make sure they were real and not stolen but as soon as I cashed them they became stolen, darn.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 9 months ago.

What is your question?