How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Colleen Grady Your Own Question
Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 551
Experience:  Attorney and Counselor at Law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Colleen Grady is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently got sentenced to 120 days, waiting on home

Customer Question

Hi. I recently got sentenced to 120 days, waiting on home detention interview results to get house arrest but if I don't get approved I have to serve in jail. Followed by 5 yr probation for weed charge in California. I live in florida, but got this charge when I was visiting, and now I need to figure out how to get transfered back asap??any help would be great, thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** have been an attorney for 26 years. I will give you this information in a few minutes.

Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 1 year ago.

California and Florida are both members of the Interstate Commission of Adult Offender Supervision ICAOS. This means you will be able to apply for transfer of your probation from California to Florida under the Interstate Compact

You would need to qualify for a transfer. Here is the criteria you would have to meet:

“To initially qualify for transfer of supervision under the ICAOS, the offender must:

(1) be subject to some form of community supervision, including supervision by a court, paroling authority, probation authority, treatment authority or anyone or agency acting in such a capacity or under contract to provide supervision services; and

(2) have committed a covered offense as defined by the rules.

Eligibility for Transfer includes:

-Sentence or release from incarceration with community-based supervision and the offender is

- A felon, or misdemeanant whose sentence includes one year or more of supervision and the underlying offense includes one or more of following:

(1) an offense in which a person has incurred direct or threatened physical or psychological harm;

(2) an offense that involves the use or possession of a firearm;

(3) a second or subsequent misdemeanor offense of driving while impaired by drugs or alcohol;

(4) a sexual offense that requires the offender to register as a sex offender in the sending state.

You would have to request this transfer through you probation officer in California. The probation officer would have to make an online application to the ICAOF.

Here is the website for the ICAOS

You should qualify for this transfer especially since you live in Florida. Speak with the probation officer.

If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help you. If you are satisfied with my answers, I ask that you rate my service. Good luck!