Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

I work at a university, and several students accused me of

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I work at a university, and several students accused me of fraud in filling out their clinical tracking sheets, this was found to be untrue by the university. Now they are accusing me of forging their signatures. I really thought that I had permission form them for the revisions, during the time this was going on I was going through a separation, a heavy load at work, my car repossessed. I really though I had asked them or persmission. There is no money gain from the situation. Please help me, I made a honest mistake.
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Criminal Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Criminal Lawyer should know?
Customer: Well these 3 of the students flunked out the nursing program and not even my class. Their were corrections on their clinical sheets that needed to be corrected for accuracy. I corrected the mistakes, and I thought I asked for the students permission to sign their corrections. The university has found that the clinical sheets are correct. I am always on top of my paperwork. The students had hectic schedules, and I remember saying I was going to obtain verbal permission to sign their forms, now they are saying they never gave me verbal consent. At this time I had a lot going on and could have forgot, if so it was a honest mistake, there was no gain for me.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you believe you asked permission, you need to say that. You should not ever say "I may have forgotten" for whatever reason. The fact that there was nothing to gain by the changes and they were not dismissed based on your class would make it really a moot point. So you need to simply say you had their verbal consent when you informed them that the corrections needed to be made and you corrected those mistakes. Stick to your story without changing or adding to it as right now it is three disgruntled students who are making self serving claims to try anything to get readmitted so they have something to gain by making these claims and you have nothing to gain in this matter and it is your word against their word.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thank you