Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Why cant a person with a assault and battery 2nd degree

Customer Question

Hi , Why cant a person with a assault and battery 2nd degree misdemeanor get an expungement.?
JA: My brothers got into lots of trouble with the law when they were young. The Criminal Lawyer will know how to get you the best outcome. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes about a year ago
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: it is on my wife's record from over 4 years ago
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: they said 2nd degree can not be expunged and I just dont get it.. it is a misdermeanor and she has a clean record other wise also college educated and cant get a job because of it!!!!
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Criminal Lawyer should know?
Customer: why they treat a misdeameanor just like a felony is beyond me and it is totaly unfair
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen. Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer. I am happy to provide an answer for you...but want to ensure you are willing to rate/accept the answer when we complete. Do you agree with this?