How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3132
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has done two crvs in prision. He went to s po

Customer Question

my son has done two crvs in prision. He went to his po yesterday and was arrested for a probation violation and a parole violation. My question is should i hire a attorney or let him get a state appointed attorney, if i get a attorney, will it lessen his time or not? This is in morganton n,c.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question. First, I am sorry to hear of the situation your son is currently facing.

May I ask, what is the alleged violation of the probation? Was it for picking up a new case or was it for not complying with other terms of the probation?