Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My son has done two crvs in prision. He went to s po

Customer Question

my son has done two crvs in prision. He went to his po yesterday and was arrested for a probation violation and a parole violation. My question is should i hire a attorney or let him get a state appointed attorney, if i get a attorney, will it lessen his time or not? This is in morganton n,c.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question. First, I am sorry to hear of the situation your son is currently facing.

May I ask, what is the alleged violation of the probation? Was it for picking up a new case or was it for not complying with other terms of the probation?