Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Im ***** *****----im trying to have my gun rights retored

Customer Question

hi--im ***** *****----im trying to have my gun rights retored restored
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when i turned 21 my friends took me out for my 1rst bar experience but since im no drinker i quickly became wasted and blacked out!---long story short i woke up in a jail cell with no memory whatsoever of what had happened and i ended up getting an aggrivated assult charge---for a simple bar fight involving no weapons at all i can never own a firearm for the rest of my life??--im 37 years old now and would simply like to purchase a small gun to throw in my closet for home protection or to possibly take to a gun range in my spare time
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 10 months ago.

In which US state wa your felony conviction? Please reply here on this question thread.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
pa

Thanks for the reply.

In Pennsylvania, unfortunately, you would need a full pardon from your governor, and then you could petition the Court of Common Pleas in the County where you live for the return of your firearms rights.

Pardons are free and you need no lawyer to apply for one. You can find out how to apply for one here.

Your voting rights were returned to you in Pennsylvania after the completion of your sentence. The return of all your other civil rights require a pardon. If you get the pardon and your Pennsylvania gun rights are thereafter restored by the court, the Federal government should lift the bar against your Federal gun rights as well, and you'd be able to have your full Federal and state rights again.